Smoke poured from a chimney fire at a home in the 1200 block of 271st Street in the Graham area the morning of Dec. 6. Because the location wasn’t near fire hydrants, the response by Graham Fire and Rescue was a team effort. Officials said crews from South Pierce Fire and Rescue Orting Valley Fire and Rescue helped provide enough water. No injuries were reported. Chimney fires are an increased risk during cold weather, when buildups of creosote can result in such blazes as people use their wood-burning fireplaces for heat. As a winter safety tip, fire prevention experts recommend having chimneys serviced by a professional.