Eatonville's swim team will send nine of its 10 members to compete at the district meet. Back row: Reese Zurfluh, Nicole Tomyn, Gracie Forsman, Jaliah Vinson, Kaylee Bernt and Annika Howard. Front row: Charlotte Stumph, Lily Hays, Mascot Jovi Stammen, Victoria Boren and Morgan Wendell.
Over the past two weeks, the Cruiser swim team has made waves as they wrapped up their regular season meets against the formidable 2A Evergreen league teams and engaged in two showdowns against 4A juggernauts, Graham-Kapowsin and Puyallup. This heightened level of competition brought out the best in the team, resulting in personal bests.
Junior captains Gracie Forsman and Kaylee Bernt showcased their improvement, with district qualifying times. Senior captain Reese Zurfluh qualified in both the 200 IM and the 100 Freestyle. Meanwhile, sophomore Annika Howard made her mark by achieving a district-qualifying time in the 200 IM.
The team's journey continued with their visit to River Ridge High School on Oct. 26 for the League Sub-District meet, often considered a "last chance" qualifier for districts. Swimmers were afforded the opportunity to clinch their district berths by finishing in the top 3 in their respective events. The following standout athletes earned coveted allocation spots:
• Sophomore Charlotte Stumph - 200 Free
• Sophomore Nicole Tomyn - 50 Free and 100 Back
• Senior Reese Zurfluh - 100 Back
• Sophomore Annika Howard - 100 Fly and 500 Free
• Senior Victoria Boren - 100 Free
The District IV 2A swim meet is set to make a splash on Nov. 3-4 at Shelton High School. The Cruiser Swim Team has at least one swimmer qualified in every event, including all three relays.
The individual event swimmers have made their selections for the District meet:
• Senior Reese Zurfluh (12) - 200 Individual Medley, 100 Freestyle
• Junior Kaylee Bernt (11) - 200 Freestyle, 500 Freestyle
• Junior Gracie Forsman (11) - 50 Freestyle, 100 Breaststroke
• Sophomore Annika Howard (10) - 200 Individual Medley, 100 Butterfly
• Sophomore Nicole Tomyn (10) - 50 Freestyle, 100 Backstroke
• Sophomore Charlotte Stumph (10) - 200 Freestyle
• Senior Victoria Boren (12) - 100 Freestyle