The Eatonville Cruiser cross country team had an impressive showing at the 1A Evergreen League meet, held at Hoquiam High School on Thursday, September 14, 2023. The boys' team put on a strong performance and secured second place overall in the meet. The girls also demonstrated their dedication and skill throughout the race.
Here's a breakdown of the individual results for the Eatonville boys and girls teams:
**Boys 5,000 Meter Results for Eatonville:**
• 10th Place: Joe Mueller with a time of 20:11
• 11th Place: Benjamin Bernt with a time of 20:14
• 13th Place: Owen Van Eaton with a time of 20:24.6
• 14th Place: Ben Morrish with a time of 20:24.89
• 15th Place: Colton Rush with a time of 20:25.14
• 16th Place: Titus Lowe with a time of 20:25.53
• 22nd Place: Joe Callon with a time of 22:05”
• 41st Place: Micah Vannier with a time of 24:14
• 64th Place: Jasper Beck with a time of 31:45
The boys' team showed remarkable consistency and teamwork throughout the race, with several athletes finishing within seconds of each other. This synergy contributed to their second-place overall finish, highlighting their dedication and hard work.
**Girls 5,000 Meter Results for Eatonville:**
• 4th Place: Grace Coonrod with an impressive time of 21:52
• 6th Place: Cheyanne Price with a strong performance at 22:44
• 28th Place: Hannah Bieker with a time of 37:28
The Eatonville girls also displayed determination and skill, with Grace Coonrod leading the pack with a top-five finish. Cheyanne Price's solid performance further contributed to the team's success.
Overall, the Eatonville Cruiser cross country team demonstrated their commitment and talent at the 1A Evergreen League meet. The boys' second-place finish and the girls' individual achievements are a testament to their hard work and dedication, and they continue to make their school and community proud.
The Eatonville Cruiser cross country team had an outstanding day at the 2023 PLU Invitational, held at Pacific Lutheran University on Saturday, September 16, 2023. This event brought together 11 high schools, with a total of 138 boys and 85 girls competing. The Eatonville athletes displayed their dedication and determination, with several achieving personal bests and making their school proud.
**Boys 5,000 Meters:**
• Colton Rush put on an impressive performance, finishing 17th with a remarkable time of 17:33.50, which was a personal best for him.
• Joe Mueller also achieved a personal best, crossing the finish line in 17:56.90, securing 25th place.
• Benjamin Bernt showcased his talent by completing the race in 18:10.00, also achieving a personal best and earning 30th place.
• Owen Van Eaton demonstrated his consistency with a solid time of 18:46.80, securing a respectable 45th place.
• Titus Lowe and Ben Morrish both had outstanding races, achieving personal bests of 20:04.90 and 20:05.80, respectively, earning 65th and 66th places.
• Mark Nueva continued the trend of personal bests, finishing in 73rd place with a time of 20:20.60.
• Joe Callon showed his determination, completing the race in 21:01.00, earning 83rd place.
• Micah Vannier had an excellent race, achieving a personal best of 22:41.60 and securing 109th place.
• Jasper Beck, with unwavering determination, finished in 26:28.90, earning 129th place and setting a personal best.
**Girls 5,000 Meters:**
• Cheyanne Price had a standout performance, setting a personal best with a time of 22:11.10, securing 26th place.
• Linnea Lofgren also achieved a personal best, completing the race in 25:20.60 and earning 51st place.